Home Study Course

Go down

Re: Home Study Course

Post  Jean on Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:39 am

Thanks Mark, much appreciated.
I don't think I have read that one yet.

It's really nice to hear about your passion for teaching and also your willingness to go the extra mile for your students. I wish you all the best.

Jean

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Home Study Course - A Suggested Book To Browse

Post  MartyK on Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:45 am

I found the following book adequately gave me enough of a "broad brush" explanation of both hypnosis and hypnotherapy to wet my appetite to look further into the subjects - "Understanding Hypnosis" by a Dr. Brian Roet. Publishers: Judy Piatkus (Publishers) Limited. (2000) ISBN 0 7499 2121 8.
Early on I discovered that there are literally hundreds of books directly or indirectly related to the study of hypnotherapy - (probably almost as many as the varied explanations of what "hypnosis" is, why it happens and why it works!) I'd suggest that you find two-three soundly based publications endorsed by a New Zealand based expert, such as Mr. Boddington, that are relevant to your particular interest(s).
As a Secondary School Teacher my interests lie in the possible positive effects of hypnosis and suggestive hypnotherapy on enhancing teaching and learning - especially in enhancing student confidence/ self belief, overcoming learnt study routine "mental blocks", managing extremely debilitating "examination anxiety" (exam stress),aiding memory, encouraging original/creative thinking skills - ie.all in all reinforcing positive habits and relinquishing negative ones.
MartyK. Smile Smile

MartyK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Home Study Course

Post  Jean on Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:35 am

Hi

I have just started this course too. I live in Gisborne, anyone else from Gisborne studying?

I am curious, has anyone read any good books which would be helpful? Am an avid reader and love to learn. study

Jean

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Home Study Course

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down